Business Connectivity Services Model: Microsoft Business Connectivity Services are a set of services and features in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 that support integrating data from external systems into solutions based on Microsoft SharePoint Server and Microsoft SharePoint Foundation. This model poster describes the architecture of Microsoft Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint Server 2010 and provides information about how to create solutions that are based on the service.
Content Deployment in SharePoint Server 2010: Describes the content deployment feature in SharePoint Server 2010. It includes information about the following:
* Overview of content deployment
* Description of content deployment paths and jobs
* When to use content deployment
* Alternatives to content deployment
* Illustrates common content deployment farm topologies
* Illustrates and explains the overall content deployment process
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Upgrade Planning: Covers planning for an upgrade from Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010. It includes information about the following:
* Upgrade requirements: Hardware, operating system, and database
* Upgrade process: specific steps to follow before, during, and after the upgrade
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Upgrade Approaches: Helps you understand the in-place, database attach, and hybrid approaches to upgrading from Office SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010.
* See the farm topologies before, during, and after upgrade
* Compare the advantages of each type of upgrade approach
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 — Test Your Upgrade Process: Explains the methodology for testing the upgrade process before upgrading from Office SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010.
* Understand the goals for testing your upgrade process: customizations, hardware, timing, planning
* See specific steps to follow for testing your upgrade process
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 — Services Upgrade: Covers upgrading services from Office SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010.
* Considerations for specific services: Personalization, Search, InfoPath Forms, Excel, Business Data Catalog, Single Sign-on
* In-place upgrade with services
* Database attach upgrade with services
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 — Upgrading Parent and Child Farms : Covers the process for and considerations to keep in mind when you upgrade farms that share services (parent and child farms).
Getting started with business intelligence in SharePoint Server 2010: Covers an overview of business intelligence in SharePoint Server and provides you with the following information.
* An overview of each business intelligence service and when you might use the service.
* Architecture for application of the business intelligence services and how they work together in a topology.
* A list of possible data sources for each business intelligence service.
Databases That Support SharePoint 2010 Products: Describes the Microsoft SQL Server databases on which SharePoint Server 2010 runs.
SharePoint 2010 Products: Virtualization Process: Provides guidance related to virtualization and the various stages of deployment, as well as requirements and examples.